HSBC Term Deposit Account
We offer tiered rates of interest depending on deposit and term. Your rate is fixed during the term of the deposit. Interest is paid upon maturity of the deposit and is based on a 360 day year (365 days for Pound Sterling). Interest is calculated based on the Simple Interest (SI) method i.e. Deposit amount * Interest rate * number of days / 360 or 365.
With an HSBC Term Deposit Account, you will get:
- Available in Qatari riyal, Pound sterling, US dollar, and Euro
- Competitive interest rates - please contact your nearest branch in Qatar for our fixed deposit rates
- Your choice of a 1, 3, 6, or 12 months maturity term
- Minimum deposit of QAR 50,000/ GBP 10,000/ USD 20,000/ EUR 25,000
- Contains a rollover facility to automatically renew your deposit on maturity
- Once booked, your interest rate is fixed for the tenure and interest is paid upon maturity
You need to complete the account opening process by personally visiting any of our branches with the following documents:
- Original passport with Work Permit / Residence and Qatar ID issued by Ministry of Interior (Expatriates)
- Qatar ID issued by Ministry of Interior (Nationals)
- Proof of residence – copy of telephone bill / rental agreement / electricity bill
Apply by phone
Call us on +974 4442 4722 to find out more about our term deposit account.
Apply in branch
Visit your nearest branch and speak to our staff, who would be delighted to help you.