|Covers||Fixed Premium||Joint Life Cover **
|Your life, critical illness and/or permanent and total disability||Yes||Yes|
Here's what you get:
- Life Coverage – You will get a cash sum in the event of your death
- Critical Illness Coverage – You will get a cash sum if you are diagnosed with a critical illness during the time period covered by the policy
- Permanent and Total Disability Coverage – You will get a cash sum if you suffer from a disability and are unable to work
What this plan is designed to do
Provide you with life cover that will pay a cash sum if:
- you die during the term of the policy, or
- you are diagnosed with a terminal illness and have less than 12 months to live, provided that the diagnosis occurs before the last 18 months of the policy term
If critical illness benefit is chosen, Zurich will pay you a cash sum if you are diagnosed with a critical illness during the policy term.
If permanent and total disability benefit is chosen, Zurich will pay you a cash sum if you become permanently and totally disabled during the policy term.
If waiver of premium benefit is chosen, Zurich will pay your policy premiums if you are unable to work through illness or accident.
- Get high levels of coverage for relatively low premiums, based upon your circumstances
- You can add any combination of additional covers: critical illness, permanent and total disability, and waiver of premium benefit
Here's what you get:
- Covers death due to any cause*
- Plan term from 5 to 35 years
- Single, life of another or joint lives first death
Available in different currencies***
The minimum age for taking the policy is 18 years and the maximum age of the life insured at entry is 74 years old.If any additional benefit is added, the maximum age of any life insured at entry is 59 years old.
- The policy is available for a single life, for joint lives, or for both lives
- Applications can be made by individuals or companies
- The eligibility criteria may differ from one provider to another
What is Critical Illness Cover?
It pays a cash sum if, during the cover term, the insured is diagnosed with a specified Critical Illness that meets the definition in the policy terms and conditions..
What options are available when setting it up?
With the help of your Wealth Manager, you can decide the term and the amount of Life cover. You can also choose any combination of additional benefits such as Critical Illness Cover, Permanent and Total Disability, and Waiver of Premium upto the level of your life cover amount.
You can take the cover on your own life so the cover is paid if, during the cover term, you die, or are diagnosed with a Critical Illness or Disability that meets the policy definition. Alternatively, you can set it up on joint lives so the cover is paid if, during the cover term one of the lives assured dies or is first diagnosed with a Critical Illness or Disability that meets the policy definition, whichever happens first.
When does Critical Illness Cover pay out?
The cover will be paid if, during the coverage term, the insured is first diagnosed with a critical illness that meets the policy definition.
Can my premiums change in the future?
The premium amount is guaranteed for the life cover throughout the term while the premium for Critical Illness will be reviewed at certain points in time within the term of the policy by the insurance provider.
Do I get my money back at the end on the policy term?
No, the policy has no cash in value at any time.
Cover you and your spouse's life with HSBC Term Life Insurance