Your HSBC Cards are a safe and easy way to pay abroad. Here are some simple tasks you should do before you leave to make sure your holiday runs smoothly.
Before you leave:
1. Check the expiry date on your HSBC card.
2. Make sure you have enough funds in your account and/or an available credit limit.
3. Update your latest contact details with us, so that we can get in touch with you easily.
4. Write down the useful phone numbers shown in the right hand grey box incase you need to contact us.
5. Send a secure message through HSBC Internet Banking or call our call center or visit the nearest branch to advice us about where you are travelling and for what period.
Fo more details, please click here
Carrying your HSBC Card is much safer than carrying cash and your pockets won't be weighed down with foreign currency. Here are some simple tips for carrying and using your HSBC Debit and Credit Cards when travelling abroad.
1. Monitor your card activity and any SMS messages received and contact us immediately if you notice any fraudulent activity on your Card(s).
2. Never share your PIN with anyone, including bank personnel and shopkeepers.
3. In case of Card theft or loss, please call us and report card loss immediately and also report it to the local authorities.
4. On hotel check-out and car rental return, please cancel all authorizations obtained for advance reservations.
1. Try not to leave all your cards in the same place – that way you won't lose everything.
2. Keep the useful phones numbers at hand at all times in case you need to contact us.
3. While using an ATM machine or when paying with your HSBC Card, be discreet while entering your PIN and beware of the people around you.
4. Keep all receipts to check against your statements – do not leave your receipt at the ATM Machine.